The current sidewalk near the parking lot door is crumbling and sinking, this is a high traffic area and poses a severe hazard to visitors, staff, and residents. The current sidewalk is 175-feet long with a depth of 4-inches.
1. All work to be co-ordinated with The Evergreens Foundation Heritage Court maintenance management, prior to and during duration of project for the co-ordination of facility access and hours of work.
2. Contractor is responsible for all permits required for this project. Price must include all materials, labour, and permits, as well as transportation to landfill and any landfill disposal costs that may be incurred.
3. Conform with Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects and;
4. Ensure compliance of National Building Codes, Alberta Building Codes, Town of Edson or Yellowhead County design guidelines (whichever is more stringent) and construction standards, and local authorities having jurisdiction are adhered to at all times.
5. Any damaged landscape must be repaired or replaced.
6. Field verify all measurements prior to ordering any material.
7. Keep worksite clean, organized, and safe throughout the duration of the project.
8. Demolition, removal, transportation and disposal of:
a. Existing sidewalk (north east side of the building, adjoining the parking lot). Current sidewalk length approximately 175ft long; extending from the fence on one side and public side walk on the other. Ramp connecting the building entrance and sidewalk also to be removed.
b. Existing pad adjoining the sidewalk (7ft x 11ft).
c. All electrical outlets for engine block heaters along with existing conduits below the pavement.
d. Existing concrete vehicle curb stops adjacent to the sidewalk.
9. Carry out necessary site levelling and preparation works for corresponding concrete works.
10. Supply and install new sleeves, electrical conduits, wiring, bases and accessories for 8 new engine block heater power outlets.This will require installation of a new 100 amp sub panel. There is an existing parking lot light pedestal and shed power that are being ran from existing parking plugs. These are to be separated and placed onto their own circuits within the new sub panel.
11. Supply and install concrete sidewalk at the following locations:
a. 3ft X 175ft sidewalk
b. 3ft X 45ft between the building and the existing sidewalk
c. 7ft X 11ft adjacent to sidewalk
Dimensions provided above are indicative only. Contractor to verify all dimensions at site before submitting quote.
12. Supply and install new concrete curb vehicle stop between the parking and new sidewalk.
13. The concrete sidewalk and curbs shall be at least to the minimum specifications prescribed for public road works by Yellowhead County or Town of Edson, whichever is more stringent.
14. Install forms as necessary to retain and support concrete. Ensure concrete pad slopes away from the building.
15. Install expansion joint material and crack control joints where applicable. Concrete surface should be light broom finished to ensure traction.
16. Apply curing compound and or provide protection against elements necessary to promote curing of new installation.
17. Remove forms and backfill adjacent disturbed areas using onsite materials.
18. Contractor to provide a 1-year warranty for all completed works beginning on the date of substantial completion. Goal is to have all work completed by September 30, 2021.