The University of Waterloo (UW) is looking to modernize its key management systems across all campuses, including the satellite sites.
UW is soliciting proposals from potential suppliers to provide lockbox control solutions for the University’s properties including, but not limited to the Service Locations as outlined in detail in Section 6 – Requirements.
The newly proposed key management system will be implemented in two (2) or three (3) separate phases. The system selected will be reliable, low maintenance and provide accurate, real time data. It should also be flexible and scalable in order to meet the changing needs of an ever growing and expanding campus. It is expected the pricing will be locked in.
It is anticipated that installation of the cabinets, electrical feeds and network drops will be conducted inhouse. Installation of the module and software configuration will be the responsibility of the Successful Respondent. The Successful Respondent will be expected to name an Account Representative to act as the dedicated liaison for UW.
Objective of this RFP
The objective of this RFP are:
Support greater operational flexibility without compromising security;
- To establish a contract with a high performing, organized and reputable supplier of lockbox solutions, and work collaboratively with them to develop a clear and achievable implementation plan;
- Implement a standard system across PO and academic spaces which ideally utilizes two-factor authentication;
- Automate more departmental key transactions;
- Tighten security - prevent unauthorized access;
- Prevent loss of keys;
- Track key access by time and user;
- Increase visibility & knowledge around key use and infractions; and
- To initiate a phase one (1) implementation plan by August 2021 and complete the implementation within a set budget.