The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) regulates the province’s generation, transmission and distribution of electricity and gas. The OEB achieves this by dealing with lot of data and data exchange arrangements made with the licensees for effective regulation of the electricity and gas industries.
The OEB has an Avolin Pivotal CRM system that, is heavily customized to support multiple facets of the OEB, including:
- Our consumer contact centre
- Licensing & Performance Reporting Function
- Adjudicative & Application Administration areas
- Industrial Policy & Compliance
Our Pivotal Implementation also has integrations with MS Outlook, and Micro Focus Content Manager (formerly HPe Content Manager/Trim)
The OEB intends on continuing its investment in Pivotal to support its core business functions. As such vendors should be able to provide assistance in the following areas:
- Pivotal application server support
- Coding of business modules
- Support of the code base
- Application architecture documentation
- General performance and functional improvements
The network environment supports 180 employees within a single location. Our Infrastructure is a combination of physical / virtual servers that utilizes MS Windows Server 2012 R2 or later for Active Directory, Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, E-mail, File, Print and various Application servers. Most servers in Production and all servers in Development and Test environments are on a VMware 6.0 virtualized environment. Our servers are connected to a HP 3PAR and EVA SAN’s that store all our data. This application is installed on MS Windows Server 2012 R2 and connected to a MS SQL Server 2014 database environment.
We are seeking a vendor to provide ongoing consulting services on a time and materials basis for a period not to exceed one (1) year.
Tasks to be executed as part of this process would include:
- Collaborating with OEB staff to maintain the Pivotal Application server
- Development of design documentation for each subject area
- Design, Development, and unit testing of code
- Assist OEB staff with application support
- Assist OEB staff with escalating issues with Avolin support
- Optimization of the existing Pivotal Environment
Tasks and projects will be determined by the OEB.
The OEB reserves the right to award the contract to multiple bidders, and will determine which elements of work effort are awarded to which vendor.
The term of the assignment is for one (1) year term.
Full details are in the RFP document, which is available only through MERX at www.merx.com or 1-800-964-6379, MERX reference number 173603.