Invitation to Quotation: For "Q 01/20 - Signage Strategy for Saanich Community Recreation Centres and Golf Clubhouse".
Scope of Work: The District of Saanich (the "District") is seeking Quotes for a Signage Strategy for the Saanich Community Recreation Centres (4) and Golf Clubhouse (1).
The Scope of Work consists in the following services:
a) Participate in site meetings and inspections of each Sites with the Facility Manager.
b) Assess traffic flows for each facilities to identify optimal strategies.
c) Determine the most effective wayfinding/directional system for each Sites on the basis of existing floor plans and physical assessment.
d) Design Sites-specific signage that is set on the following principles: be age friendly, gender neutral, understandable by those with visual, auditory and cognitive impairments, as well as languages mutually intelligible. Types of signage include:
· room/office signage (e.g. Preschool Room, Programming Office, Staff Only)
· glass door signage (i.,e Changerooms. No Glass on Deck, Centre name)
· directional signage (e.g. Washrooms with arrow, Weightroom Second Level)
· wayfinding signage (i.e., on floors or walls)
· etiquette/regulatory signage (i.e., Guidelines for Weightroom Use)
· other (i.e., Contractor identifies any gaps in signage)
e) Create Graphic Design Standards that:
· are consistent with Saanich' Visual Identity branding (Saanich "Visual Identity Program" and "Writing style guide" updated August 2018 attached); and
· align and complement the Saanich Recreation reports (Saanich Sign System Guide - Tactile Signage 2011, and Measuring Up - Final Report 2012 attached).
f) Create a comprehensive inventory of each sign and installation fixtures required for each Sites, including a detailed description of sign-types required, quantities, formats, sizes, locations, complete with recommended manufacturing signage materials.
g) Prepare detailed cost estimate for the production and the installation of the proposed Strategy in accordance with the scope of work and requirements.
Closing Date: February 13th, 2020 at 3:00 P.M.