The Province House building is an existing three story structural load bearing stone structure that is more than 150 years old and is located downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. The Province House is a classified heritage building. Original Construction took place between 1843-1846 before opening January of 1847, the Province House Building had an significant role in helping Prince Edward Island host the Charlottetown Conference which in turn resulted in Canadian Confederation. Since that time, the Province House Building has undergone a restoration of the structure from 1979-1983; however, the majority of the base building envelope, vertical transportation systems and mechanical/electrical infrastructures are significantly outdated and require either significant upgrades or full replacement. Given the age and condition of the building, the Province House building requires extensive upgrades to ensure its recapitalization as a Major Crown asset. The building will receive an extensive masonry restoration, repaired foundations, slab on grade, and new slate & copper roof.
The following is the anticipated scope of services required:
This tender package includes for all labor, materials, equipment, and supervision required
for the completion of carpentry modifications of the exo skeleton to allow for roofing
start. This work to include construction of new wall systems, cantilevered work
platform/water collection area, loading platforms, removals of existing roof systems and
water proofing. A full description of the scope is included in the Tender Package documents.