Notice of Intent to Direct Award
Elevator Contracting Service
to Vancouver General Hospital Heather East Elevator Modernization Project
Document Number: 004NOI20EZ
Vancouver Coastal Health Authority (VCH) intends to enter into an agreement with Richmond Elevator for the Vancouver General Hospital Heather East Elevator Modernization Project (Project). The maximum value of this contract will not exceed $400,000.00 plus tax. VCH has chosen not to complete a public tendering process but negotiate the contemplated contract for the following reasons:
· Richmond Elevator is currently on site (Vancouver General Hospital) working on major repairs to the Heather East Elevator which has had major equipment failure under their existing maintenance and service contract which was competitively bid and includes major repairs and joint improvements;
· Current circumstances with the equipment for this elevator has accelerated the need to modernize the elevator. There are synergies and savings in clinical operations, project, time and specification work done by Richmond Elevator that can be implemented and used on Heather East elevator and a strategic advantage in completing the project at a lower cost in a shorter overall project timeframe which VCH wants to disclose in advance to other potential pre-qualified bidders;
· Richmond Elevator has extensive knowledge of Vancouver General Hospital and this elevator design and required specifications. The elevator is critical to clinical and facility operations, patient transport and care;
· Richmond Elevator is prequalified Elevator Contractor for project ranges from $100k to $20M;
· Richmond Elevator has committed to mobilize the Project upon approval;
· Richmond Elevator is registered and complies with all applicable WorkSafe BC regulations;
· Richmond Elevator has Comprehensive Commercial General Liability insurance coverage in an amount not less than $5,000,000.00 inclusive per occurrence against bodily injury, personal injury and property damage;
· Richmond Elevator has Automobile Liability insurance coverage on all vehicles owned, operated or licensed in an amount not less than $ 2,000,000.00;
· Richmond Elevator will provided a Consent of Surety issued by a surety company registered to transact business in the Province of British Columbia;
Qualified contractors may challenge this decision by sending an email to Elizabeth Zhu by 15:00 Hours on November 27th, 2020.
Provide proof showing your qualifications, workplan, insurance coverage, bonding coverage and WorkSafe BC clearance letter related to the requirements defined in this Notice of Intent. Only challenges from qualified contractors will be reviewed.