Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) hereby gives notice of its intention to amend its Automated Materials Handling (AMH) arrangement with Bibliotheca, the "Contractor".
The purpose/scope of work will be amended to extend the term for a further 3 years to March 28, 2024.
Reason VIRL has chosen not to call for vendor proposals for the following reasons:
• The design and supply of Automated Materials Handling equipment by Bibliotheca was awarded following competitive procurement through BC Bid, Request for Proposal No. 2905-2012 AMH Circulation System Technology;
• Due to COVID19, projects have been delayed causing further delay in the design and build of new locations;
• The Contractor supplies VIRL’s Self-checkout units which are tightly integrated with our ILS system and various resources. The Contractor’s expertise with our proprietary ILS system provides integrated features on which VIRL relies;
• The Contractor is able to provide a seamless and fully integrated customer experience that cannot be achieved by using different software and vendor;
• The Contractor’s experience working with VIRL and familiarity with VIRL’s material distribution network and ILS system;
• The Contractor’s experience and expertise in library-specific environments and their ability to adapt and integrate its machinery into multi-use, library-specific spaces;
• The Contractor's integration of both RFID and non-RFID check-in technology with their AMH machines and self-checkout machines that integrates with our proprietary ILS system;
• The Contractor has intimate knowledge of VIRL’s remote locations. This includes complex shipping and delivery requirement of equipment and materials and multiple couriers that impact material handling and distribution;
• The Contractor has in-depth knowledge of VIRL’s IT policies and security requirements;
• The Contractor is locally based and is able to provide next-day in-person set-up support and immediate troubleshooting support for our unique geographic regional library system; and
• Awarding to Bibliotheca will reduce the time required to complete the design scope and allow for the early start of construction works to meet the project’s substantial completion and move in dates.
VIRL intends to continue to work with Bibliotheca for the design and supply of Automated Materials Handling (AMH) equipment for our current and future branch refurbishment and new builds. This will provide VIRL IT and tech services staff a sole vendor in the support, deployment and training of AMH on an as needed, when needed basis.
Vendors wishing to challenge VIRL’s decision should email the Contact Person an objection by no later than February 1, 2021 @ 4pm local time