Trade Agreement: CETA / WTO-AGP / CPTPP / CFTA Tendering Procedures: Generally only one firm has been invited to bid Non-Competitive Procurement Strategy: Exclusive Rights Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement: No Vendor Name and Address:
BOEING DEFENCE UK LIMITED 25 VICTORIA STREET United Kingdom SW 1H 0EX Nature of Requirements:
CC177 Globemaster III Pilot Initial Qualification Training
Telephone No. - (780) 901-4270
1. Advance Contract Award Notice
An ACAN is a public notice indicating to the supplier community that a department or agency intends to award a contract for goods, services or construction to a pre-identified supplier, thereby allowing other suppliers to signal their interest in bidding, by submitting a statement of capabilities. If no supplier submits a statement of capabilities that meets the requirements set out in the ACAN, on or before the closing date stated in the ACAN, the contracting officer may then proceed with the award to the pre-identified supplier.
2. Definition of the Requirement
The Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) has a requirement for Pilot Initial Qualification (PIQ) training, incorporating classroom, computer-based, and flight simulator training, for CC177 Globemaster III pilots.
Note that the CC177 is the Canadian variant of the C17 aircraft; for the purposes of this requirement, the terms are used interchangeably
3. Criteria for assessment of the Statement of Capabilities (Minimum Essential Requirements):
Any interested supplier must demonstrate by way of a statement of capabilities that it meets the following requirements:
Mandatory Technical Criteria
- The Bidder must provide proof that it is an approve C17 training unit by its national transportation regulatory agency (e.g., Transport Canada, Federal Aviation Administration, Joint Aviation Authority, or other host nation equivalent).
- The Bidder must submit a description of each instructor-pilot, including relevant flying hours at the time of bid and their Transport license numbers. The Bidder must provide statements of compliance signed by each proposed Instructor guaranteeing the following statements: a. The proposed Instructor has at least 1000 hours of flying time on large transport jet aircraft; b. The proposed Instructor has a minimum of 500 hours of large transport jet aircraft flying instruction time; and c. The proposed Instructor has a minimum of 100 hrs C17 simulator instructional time.
- The Bidder must demonstrate that the simulator is capable of providing a Level D, full motion, visual, C17 flight simulator suitable for conducting instrument rating check rides.
- The Bidder must demonstrate that the simulator is capable of demonstrating NVG, tactical and emergency manoeuvres.
- The Bidder must provide sample training schedule of the 36-day for CC117 Pilot Initial Qualification course including classroom, simulator and debrief timings.
4. Applicability of the trade agreement(s) to the procurement
The procurement is subject to the following trade agreements:
-World Trade Organization - Agreement on Government Procurement (WTO-AGP)
-Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)
-Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP)
-Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement
5. Justification for the Pre-Identified Supplier
The pre-identified supplier is the only supplier that we are aware of who offers a product which meets all the Minimum Essential Requirements listed above in point number 3.
6. Government Contracts Regulations Exception(s)
The following exception(s) to the Government Contracts Regulations is invoked for this procurement under subsection 6 (d) - only one person is capable of performing the contract.
7. Exclusions and/or Limited Tendering Reasons
The following exclusion(s) and/or limited tendering reasons are invoked under the:
-World Trade Organization - Agreement on Government Procurement (WTO-AGP) - Article XIIIB
-Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) Article 19.12 (b)
- Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) Article 15.10 (b)
-Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement (CUFTA) Article10.4 C
8. Period of the Prosed Contract
The proposed contract is for a period from 1 May 2021 (estimated start date) to 30 April 2022 (estimated end date). The proposed contract will include four one-year option periods.
9. Name and Address of the Pre-identified Supplier
Boeing Defence UK Limited 25 Victoria Street Westminster SW 1H 0EX United Kingdom
10. Suppliers Right to Submit a Statement of Capabilities:
Suppliers who consider themselves fully qualified and available to provide the services described herein, may submit a statement of capabilities in writing to the contact person identified in this notice on or before the closing date of this notice. The statement of capabilities must clearly demonstrate how the supplier meets the advertised requirements.
11. Closing Date for a Submission of a Statement of Capabilities
The closing date and time for accepting statements of capabilities is March 25, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. MDT.
12. Inquiries and Submission of Statements of Capabilities
Inquiries and statements of capabilities are to be delivered to:
Drew Fisher - Procurement Specialist
Delivery Date: Above-mentioned
You are hereby notified that the government intends to negotiate with one firm only as identified above. Should you have any questions concerning this requirement, contact the contracting officer identified above.
An Advance Contract Award Notice (ACAN) allows departments and agencies to post a notice, for no less than fifteen (15) calendar days, indicating to the supplier community that it intends to award a good, service or construction contract to a pre-identified contractor. If no other supplier submits, on or before the closing date, a Statement of Capabilities that meets the requirements set out in the ACAN, the contracting authority may then proceed with the award.
However, should a Statement of Capabilities be found to meet the requirements set out in the ACAN, then the contracting authority will proceed to a full tendering process.
Suppliers who consider themselves fully qualified and available to provide the services/goods described herein, may submit a statement of capabilities in writing to the contact person identified in this Notice on or before the closing date of this Notice. The statement of capabilities must clearly demonstrate how the supplier meets the advertised requirements.
The PWGSC file number, the contracting officer's name and the closing date of the ACAN must appear on the outside of the envelope in block letters or, in the case of a facsimile transmission, on the covering page.
The Crown retains the right to negotiate with suppliers on any procurement.
Documents may be submitted in either official language of Canada.