MODELLING TRAINING AND CONSULTATION ON VALUATION METHODOLOGY STRATEGY
BC Assessment is seeking a Consultant, with project management experience to develop and deliver an outline for a training plan for the Future of Modelling at BC Assessment. The selected Business Consultant/Trainer, in the field of mass appraisal, will work closely with the Assessment and Customer Division's at BC Assessment. Work will be performed primarily remotely with meetings held virtually via WebEx with in office meetings when appropriate.
The work of this specific initiative includes the development and delivery of specialized training and consulting to support the creation of 2021 assessments as well as consulting for the longer term development of ongoing programs that may extend into 2021. The consulting assignment will be awarded to a contractor with a very specific skillset that does not currently exist within BCA. With the achievement of the vision and plan that is developed, this skill set will exist within BC Assessment.
The initial contract (Phase 1) will be for a consultant to conduct interviews with members of the modelling team and others to establish a plan that details the scope of the work to be undertaken in subsequent phases.
The selected Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
· Conduct a high level review of BC Assessment's Current State around valuation modelling and provide a report detailing current state and readiness to pursue change.
· Develop high level proposed plan for training development and delivery for appraisers and others engaged in the Future of Modelling project
· Develop proposed outline of the process to support the development of a central modelling function at BCA, considering the effort BCA has already completed including the Future of Modelling projects and subsequent long term planning work.
Phase 2: Subsequent work (through contract extension, at BC Assessment's discretion) may include:
· Develop and deliver training in 2020 and 2021 to multiple groups
· Provide advisory support to the completion of the 2021 Strata and Detached Residential Assessments
· Provide advisory support for the development of a valuation methodology and technology outlook and strategy
All work in relation to this project will be performed remotely. Meetings with project team or project sponsors will be held via WebEx.