The Government of Manitoba, Central Services, Procurement and Supply Chain Division (“PSCD”) is carrying out the procurement in this Request for Supply Arrangement (“RFSA”) on behalf of the following public sector organizations, collectively referred to as the “Buying Group” and individually as a “Buying Group Member” or “BGM”:
The Buying Group members will enter into the Contract(s) with the successful Bidder(s) as follows:
- The Government of Manitoba (“GOM”) on behalf of all GOM departments, boards, commissions, committees and other similar agencies;
- The Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board (“Hydro”);
- The Manitoba Public Insurance Corporation (“MPI”); and
- The Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries Corporation (“MBLL”).
The Buying Group requires accommodations in various locations within Manitoba for their employees on official business, contractors providing services to the Buying Group Members and to assist evacuees during emergencies.
- GOM, as represented by the Minister of Central Services, will enter into a Contract with the successful Bidder(s) on behalf of all GOM departments, boards, commissions, committees and other similar agencies;
- Hydro, MPI and MBLL will enter into its own separate Contract with the successful Bidder(s).
All of the Buying Group Members will use the same form of Contract. Only those Buying Group Members that are identified in this RFSA may enter into separate Contracts with the successful Bidder(s) as a result of this RFSA process.
The purpose of this RFSA is to solicit responses from Bidders to provide corporate rates for Hotel accommodations for the following purposes:
PCSD is seeking firm rates for Hotel accommodations on an “as and when requested basis” for an initial twenty-four (24) month term estimated to commence on October 1, 2020 and end on September 30, 2022. Prices quoted must be held firm for the twenty-four (24) month duration of the Contract. The Buying Group reserves the right to extend the Contract for one (1) year, in its sole discretion.
- Employees on official Buying Group Member business;
- Evacuees in the immediate disaster/evacuation period; and
- Contractors providing services to a Buying Group Member.
The intent of this RFSA is to create a listing of qualified Vendors for BGMs to use for the above-mentioned purposes (see Part 4 for further details regarding evaluation process and criteria).
This Contract is not a guarantee of any business. The Buying Group shall be entitled to special deals/rates applicable at the time of booking. The Buying Group will pay fix contracted rate or special rate, whichever is lower at the time of booking.
Accommodations may be required on numerous but unspecified occasions throughout the duration of the Contract and accommodations at more than one Hotel may be required. No firm commitment for the Contract can be given for the time periods indicated. A BGM is free to book any Hotel of choice if there is no contracted hotel in a particular District/Region or the contracted Hotel can not meet the BGM’s requirements. PSCD reserve the right to re-tender this requirement if there is no response in any District or Region or if there is requirement for more Hotels.