Request for Proposal (RFP) # 1323392-20
TPS is accepting proposals for the provision of a Use of Force Review.
Proposals must be submitted through MERX Electronic Bid Submission (“EBS”) System (https://www.merx.com/).
For assistance in using MERX, please contact MERX directly at 1-800-964-MERX or visit the MERX website at www.merx.com.
Proponents are to submit their proposal through the MERX EBS System prior to 1:00:00 P.M. local time on Friday September 11, 2020.
The Toronto Police Service is seeking an external body to
- Conduct an international review of best practices regarding use of force options, including
- Possible alternatives to Conducted Energy Weapons (C.E.W.s), and tactical approaches used in other jurisdictions
- focus on global benchmarking or comparator analysis of use of conducted energy weapons (CEWs)
- Evaluate best practices on the safety of C.E.W.s in different modes, including
- TPS members that are already using C.E.W.s, and
- Other jurisdictions that have implemented policies on permitted methods of discharging C.E.W.s.
- To provide a public report with recommendations, where appropriate, at the culmination of the review.
- Proponents interested must have a proven track record in providing use of force reviews to a policing and/or public sector organization of similar size and complexity
Only those firms passing the mandatory requirements will move on to the next stage of evaluation
Term of the Contract
The term of this contract for the provision of services shall commence after TPS approval and concludes after approximately 2 months from commencement. The TPS reserves the right to extend the contract on a month to month basis, or based on a selection of strategic activities that are determined to be best executed by the successful team.
Piggyback (if applicable)
The TPS may, upon request, permit other publicly funded organizations to purchase against any contract which may result from this RFP.
Proponents are requested to indicate on the Pricing Submission Form if they will extend the pricing, terms and conditions of this proposal to other government agencies, if the proponent is the successful vendor. If the successful vendor agrees to this provision, participating agencies may enter into a contract with the successful vendor for the purchase of the services described herein based on the terms, conditions, prices, and percentages offered by the successful vendor. Minor changes in terms and conditions may be negotiated by participating agencies.
Please note: copies of the proponent’s submission may need to be provided to the interested agency (in confidence) in order to review prior to participating.
The creation of this RFP shall not be a guarantee of exclusivity.
All in accordance with the requirements stated in the RFP document to be downloaded.