The purpose of this Contract is to provide SaskPower with the resources and equipment necessary to carry out designated Work associated with staking and surveying in the Contract Area on a demand basis.
This Work is required throughout the term of this Contract and includes:
• Supplying legal and descriptive survey plans for urban easements.
• Provide grading elevation stakes for urban and rural developments when requested
• Supplying plats from existing/new oilfield leases upon request by SaskPower for line design.
• Preparing National Energy Board crossing documents upon request.
• The Contractor is to include RofW and the 30 meter prescribed area in the maps/drawings when requested to conduct a sweep of a SaskPower planned work area when the work is planned to take place on, along, across or under a National Energy Board regulated pipeline
• The Contractor is to stake the buffer zone of a National Energy Board regulated pipeline when doing surveying and sweeping just prior to construction.
• Provide detailed cad drawings identifying elevations of CNR and CPR facilities for constructing overhead and underground power lines. Additional information required with these drawings is pole length and conductor sag to maintain proper clearances.
• Obtaining registered plans to confirm property lines (i.e. Road allowance, highway, urban subdivisions, etc.).
• Locating property pins as required.
• GPS locating of stakes and markers when requested.
• Utility sweeps of rights of way to locate the presence of underground facilities to allow construction and maintenance of overhead and underground projects.
• Staking of right-of-way for pole lines at all high and low points. Maximum distance between lathe is 400m.
RFP 2021 Saskatoon and Area Staking and Surveying 1003570
• Advising the Contract Administrator of a discrepancy prior to staking for unusual instances such as:
o Pole line encroachment in road allowance
o Road construction offset within or outside of registered plans
o Environmental concerns encountered
• Span length staking upon request.
• Informing the SaskPower foreman or designate after each Work assignment that Work is complete and advising the foreman of any specific deviation associated with the assignment and any scheduling delays associated with the Work assignment.
• Re-establishment of legal survey in instances where marks cannot be found from the parent survey a re-establishment may be required. If re-establishments are required, the contractor will obtain SaskPower approval prior to the work being performed.
If any specific Work needed in the Contract Area will require travel costs to be paid to the Contractor under this Contract, which, together with the other costs associated with the Work, will make the total cost of the Work more expensive than if a local